Saturday, September 05, 2026

 You thought I was going to forget this blog for another 20 years, didn't you? Well who smells like the kiddie pool now, pal?

I enjoy having a good, formulaic 70s or 80s TV series running in the background while I work. Maybe it's my ADD, maybe it's because I need the comfort, but it helps me concentrate and makes me happy. The A-Team is a perfect example. You don't have to pay attention or know who the characters are or know what the plot is. You can jump in at any point of any episode and know exactly what's going to happen. We don't have that kind of stability in the world anymore, and it really shows. Anyway, can you believe Manimal was picked as the worst SciFi TV show of all time? Really? I mean it's not great, but it's better than Small Wonder or any version of Star Gate or the last season of Sliders. Think about what it took those writers to put together plots every week that called for him to turn into a bird for some reason and a Puma (said Puuma like Donald Pleasance) in every episode. Must have been exhausting, and personally I think they rose to the occasion. I recommend watching the (very short) series at least once. And then watch Blue Thunder, where the writers had to figure out reasons for LA to be wasting millions of dollars to have an assault helicopter randomly hovering about the city in search of crime for every episode. Lots of great surprise guests in that one. 
 

No comments: